- Are there any restrictions to requesting a Courtesy Upgrade?
- Yes. In some cases, it will not be possible to request an upgrade. Check to see if any of these apply to you:
- Passengers with pets (PET)
- Ticket fares other than Plus or Top.
- Any ticket concession
- When will I receive confirmation of my Upgrade request?
Your Upgrade will be confirmed at the time of boarding on flights operated by LATAM Airlines Brazil/Paraguay. For flights operated by LATAM Airlines of other countries, if you apply for the upgrade between 12 and 48 hours beforehand, you will receive your confirmation 12 hours before your flight departure time.
- If my flight has connecting routes, is the upgrade valid for all Segments of my trip?
No. The application for an Upgrade is valid for a single segment. One can apply for each of the Segments as long as the member has the necessary courtesy Segments and the fare purchased allows it.
- What happens if my Upgrade request is not approved?
If the Upgrade request is not approved, the client’s segments are returned to them within 2 days. This way you will then be able to apply for Upgrades on other flights.
- For how long are my segments valid?
Segments are valid for one year. You can get them renewed every year on April 1 (the year starts on April 1 and ends on March 31). Segments are not cumulative.
- What happens if I access a superior category?
If you receive a category upgrade your segments are renewed in the number corresponding to your new category. The balance is not accumulative, so any unused category segments you previously held will be cancelled and you will receive new segments that correspond to your new category.
- Can I transfer the segments?
No. Csegments are non-transferable, but you can share them with a travel companion.
- If I get the upgrade, do I also get the business class baggage allowance?
The Courtesy Cabin Upgrade benefit is accompanied by the benefits associated with the Premium cabin, such as: baggage allowance, access to the VIP lounge, Premium boarding and Check-in, and Priority baggage, as long as the upgrade has been granted at the time of receive them.
- What will happen to my coupons with the new UPG model?
Since the model change will take place during the second half of 2023, your coupons will not be affected. Just as your coupon book is renewed every year, during the second half of 2023 you will be charged for the ""Courtesy Tracts"" corresponding to your member
- The conditions also apply to their companions.
- Each member will have a limited number of Courtesy Segments during the year, according to their category.
- Cabin Upgrades with the use of the member’s Courtesy Segments are subject to seat availability on the flight.
- The Courtesy Segments needed for Cabin Upgrades are renewed on April 1 of each year, regardless of the date they are assigned (bearing in mind that the year begins on April 1 and ends on March 31).
- The tranches are not cumulative (no rollover).
- Companions can use coupons available to Elite members as long as they travel with the owner of the coupons, irregardless of whether or not they are on another reservation and/or cabin, and as long as they comply with Cabin Upgrade request conditions.
- The Courtesy Cabin Upgrade benefit is accompanied by the benefits associated with the Premium cabin, such as: baggage allowance, access to the VIP lounge, Premium boarding and check-in, and Priority baggage, as long as the upgrade has been granted at the time of receive them.
- If you make your request between 12 and 2 hours before your flight, you will have to verify availability at the boarding gate at the airport.
- Confirmation of Cabin Upgrade using Courtesy Segments will always be subject to cabin availability and possible airplane changes at the time of travel.
- Your location on the list may change up to 45 minutes before your flight departure and will be confirmed at the boarding gate, subject to cabin availability.
- Tickets issued at a discount price do not qualify for Complimentary Upgrades, unless they are remitted at the adult or child fare that meets the minimum fare bundle.
- For adults traveling with infants in the same seat, a request may be made for a Complimentary Upgrade through the Contact Center if the adult's ticket meets the minimum fare bundle.
- Courtesy Segments for Cabin Upgrades do not apply in the following cases: Courtesy tickets or other free ticket promotions, reduced fare tickets, companion tickets, charter flight tickets, tickets with a discount for travel agents or airline industry employees (except for tickets with an EM benefit that satisfies the minimum fare requirements), tickets purchased for articles that occupy a seat, tickets with unpublished fares (including group fares) and tickets issued subject to special terms and conditions.
- If you encounter any problems, please get in touch with our Help Center.
Discover your Elite member benefits
Enjoy a unique experience with your LATAM Pass benefits.