|You earn 9 Qualifying Points per dollar spent on domestic flights in Chile, Ecuador and Peru.|
|You earn 2,5 Qualifying Points per real spent on domestic flights in Brazil.|
|You earn 12 Qualifying Points per dollar spent on domestic flights in Colombia.|
|You earn 6 Qualifying Points per dollar spent on international flights.|
- To achieve any of the Elite categories, the Qualification Points goal or the Qualifying Segments target must be met without the need to meet both.
- Flights with BASIC fare do not accumulate Qualifying Segments.
- Flights in Premium Economy and Business cabins accumulate twice as many Qualifying Segments.
- Flights marketed by LATAM and operated by associated airlines do not accumulate Qualifying Segments.
- Flights marketed by associated airlines do not accumulate Qualifying Segments.
- Flights redeemed with LATAM Pass Points do not allow you to earn Qualifying Segments. Qualifying Segments are only earned with purchased flights.
- Flights operated by Delta Air Lines, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Lufthansa, Japan Airlines, Malaysia, Qantas and Qatar, and marketed by LATAM Airlines, allow you to earn Qualifying Points.
- Flying on Delta Air Lines also earn Qualifying Points.
1.- What are Qualifying Segments?
- The Qualifying Segments are the number of flights taken.
2. How do the Qualifying Segments earn?
Qualifying Segments are accumulated by flying. It is important that you also know that based on the fare and cabin purchased, they will be accumulated as follows:
- Flights in Premium Economy or Premium Business cabins: accumulate 2 Qualifying Segments
- Economy flights purchased with Light, Plus or Top fares: accumulate 1 Qualifying Segment.
- Flights purchased with a Basic fare: do not accumulate Qualifying Segments.
3.- What happens if my flight has a connection?
- If your flight has a connection, it counts as 2 flights; unlike flights with a layover (where the passenger does not change planes) which count as 1 flight.
4.- Is it possible to accumulate more than one Qualifying Segment in the same flight?
- Yes, flights purchased in Premium Economy or Premium Business cabins accumulate 2 Qualifying Segments.
5.- Can I accumulate Qualifying Segments by flying on other airlines?
- As long as the flight is sold by LATAM, regardless of who operates it, you will accumulate Qualifying Segments. If the flight is sold by other airlines, you will not accumulate Qualifying Segments.
6.- To qualify, do I need to meet the two rules of Qualifying Points and Qualifying Segments?
- No, the rules are independent. You can reach the category by meeting the Qualifying Points requirement or the segment rule, i.e., it is not necessary to comply with both rules.
7.- What is the validity period of the segments?
- Like Qualifying Points, segments are valid throughout the calendar year, i.e., for flights operated between January 1 and December 31 of the same year.
8. What are Qualifying Points, and what are they for?
- These are the points that you accumulate from January 1 of each year to reach your qualification goals for the Elite categories of the program. The goal for qualifying each Elite category (Gold, Gold Plus, Platinum, Black and Black Signature) is reflected in a number of Qualifying Points.
9. Does the calculation of Qualifying Points change?
- No, Qualifying Points continue with the same calculation methodology.
10. How do Qualifying Points accumulate?
- Qualifying Points are accumulated from the fare paid (deducting fees, taxes and other services) by applying a multiplier that depends on the destination of the trip (domestic or international).
- Other services are understood as the purchase of baggage, LATAM + seat, Upgrade option and others.
11. What are multipliers per route?
|Ticketed route||All cabins and fares|
|Domestic Brazil |
|Domestic Colombia |
|Other domestic routes |
|International flights |
12. If I purchased a ticket in local currency, what exchange rate will be posted for conversion to USD?
- In such cases, the current exchange rate at the time of ticketing shall apply.
13. Can I accumulate Qualifying Points by flying on other airlines?
- Yes, you can accumulate Qualifying Points on some of the associated airlines, check this web page to find out which of them allow you to do so.
Login to My account and check your data
Get to know all your LATAM Pass member information.
Discover your Elite member benefits
Enjoy a unique experience with your LATAM Pass benefits.